Your subscription to or access of the Blog or Weekly Wealth Reminders, or access or download of content, documents or materials does not create an advisor-client relationship or other professional services relationship between you and Jim Schwartz or between you and Strategic Wealth Advisors, LLC.
The Blog posts, content and Materials on this Site are not intended to provide tax, legal, accounting, financial, or professional advice. Readers and visitors are advised to seek out qualified professionals that provide advice on these issues for specific client circumstances.
Advice, articles, or commentary included on this Site do not constitute a tax opinion and are not intended or written to be used, nor can they be used, by any taxpayer to avoid penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.
This Site will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the posts, content or Materials provided on this Site.
This Site does not endorse 3rd parties (3rd parties are those who comment on a Blog post or post their own content). See our Comment Policy below for restrictions on Blog comments.
There are no guarantees that the information on this website has not been outdated or otherwise rendered incorrect by subsequent new research, legislation, or other changes in law or binding guidance.
This Site and affiliates and operators shall not have any liability or responsibility to any individual or entity with respect to losses or damages caused or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly, by the information contained on, or delivered by, this Site or decisions based on information contained on, or delivered by, this Site.
This Site reserves the right to withdraw or prohibit access to this Site and to revise the software, materials, information and the services and products described on this Site at any time without notifying users.
Neither Widowed Community, LLC, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, nor any third-party vendor will be liable or have any responsibility for any loss or damage that you incur in the event of any failure or interruptions of this Site, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this Site or the data contained in it available, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of this Site or the provided Materials.
Hypertext links to other Internet sites (“links”) are included as a convenience for our Site visitors. The Site assumes no liability for the content of any linked sites, including, without limitation, the accuracy, subject matter, quality or timeliness of the content. The fact that such links have been provided does not constitute an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship by or affiliation with Widowed Community, LLC with respect to any linked website or its sponsor.
This Site and Widowed Community, LLC are not liable for any harm caused by the transmission, through access of this Site, of a computer virus, or other computer code or programming device that might be used to access, delete, damage, disable, disrupt or otherwise impede the operation of this website or of any user’s software, hardware, data or property.
It is the visitor’s responsibility to use proper cybersecurity measures to protect their computer hardware, software and data from harm against viruses, trojan horses, spyware, malware, ransomware and other cybersecurity threats.
Within this Site, no account or personal information is obtained for storage other than information you provide. This information is used only to provide you with the information or Materials that you specifically request or access.
The information this Site collects is used to improve the content of the Site, used to notify visitors about updates to our Site, shared with agents, contractors and third-party vendors who assist in providing operational support and used by us to contact visitors for marketing purposes, but not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Any information we collect is disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes your IP (internet protocol) address, ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Cox Cable), the browser used to visit our website (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our website and which pages you visited throughout our website.
We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors and traffic patterns to administer this Site.
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
If you have any questions about how we handle your information please contact us.
Permissions & Reprints
Copyright / Trademark / License / Ownership of Material
All text, graphics, images and intellectual property contained in this Site, or delivered by this Site, are subject to copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights protection and owned by or licensed to Widowed Community, LLC or otherwise used by Widowed Community, LLC as permitted by law. No information contained on this Site may be reproduced, transmitted, displayed, distributed, published or otherwise used for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Widowed Community, LLC. You may print or electronically store copies of the information for your own personal use.
This Site makes no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on this website. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are the properties of their respective owners.
In the following situations, non-exclusive permission is granted automatically, subject to the constraints noted below:
- Social Media. You may share the hyperlink URL of any article, blog post or document on this website to social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, etc., using either the sharing buttons made available, or your own social media account/tools. However, sharing tools that put your own website/frame around the article (e.g., Snip.ly) are not permitted.
- Email. You may email the hyperlink URL of any article, blog post or document on this website as you wish, whether using our “Share via Email” button, or simply copy and pasting the link into an email.
- Printing. You may print a copy of any article, blog post or document on this website or print to PDF, but only for your personal use. To reprint for wider use or distribution, including multiple copies, whether as a physical or electronic copy, please see the Reprints section below.
- Image or Text Excerpts. You may excerpt from an article, blog post or document any single Widowed Community or Blog original image (noted with a “©Widowed Community” or “©Jim Schwartz ” in the lower right corner of the image), or up to one paragraph of text as a quote as long as you include attribution to “Jim Schwartz at Widowed Community, LLC” as the source, including a hyperlink tied to the text or image (or for an image, captioned immediately below it) that links back to the original source article from which it came. For permission to reproduce any third-party images, which do not include a copyright for Jim Schwartz or Widowed Community, please contact the original image source as noted.
If you wish to have permission to use content from this Site that is beyond the scope of the automatic permissions listed above, please Contact Us to make your request. We frequently grant such requests, and usually without any cost, but permission is required before proceeding.
Reprints. If you wish to obtain permission to reprint a Site blog article, blog post or document in full, whether in electronic form, as a PDF, or to produce physical copies for distribution, please Contact Us and provide details of the intended scope.
Comments to Widowed Community Financial Blog posts are welcome. However, we require a certain level of etiquette, maturity, good judgement and thoughtfulness that should go into writing a constructive comment.
Posting comments here is a privilege, not a right. The Widowed Community Financial Blog is not a public forum obligated to give equal time to everyone, especially trolls and those only capable of undesirable behavior.
If you don’t like these rules and guidelines or feel that you are being too heavily repressed, feel free to put your own time, money and energy into creating and writing your own blog.
All Blog comments are moderated. Review and posting, along with possible editing of new comments should take place several times throughout a typical day. There may be days when life, workload, travel or lack of internet access prevent a normal or expected moderation schedule. So be it.
Feel free to put your own blog/website in the URL space when entering comments.
The following are general guidelines for comments.
Acceptable and Desirable Comment Behavior:
- Appreciative in nature
- Educational and informative comments (while meeting constructive guidelines)
- Meaningful in a positive way
- Constructive criticism
- Moderate in length (a paragraph or two). Single word accolades or acknowledgements are fine as well.
Unacceptable / Undesirable Comment Behavior Potentially Leading to Deletion, Editing or Banning:
- Use of bad, crude, hurtful or otherwise inappropriate language
- “Off topic” comments. Stay on target!
- A 1,000-word comment may need shortened or edited, especially if it is long-winded, rambling or incoherent
- Unproductive or silly comments
- Misleading, blatantly false or malicious comments
- Self-promotional comments
- Any comments that include investment recommendations will not be published (as a financial advisor working for a Registered Investment Advisor, I cannot publish any investment recommendations, nor can any 3rd party [you, the reader])
- Repeated attempts at trying to post unacceptable or undesirable comments will most likely get you banned from further commenting
- Multiple postings under different names
- Being extremely impolite or participating in Ad hominem attacks
- Engaging in troll-like behavior
- Using fake or mislabeled URLs
- Cutting and pasting entire copyrighted works of others into comments